1. How many Breeders’ Cup-winning horses will be running on the Dubai World Cup card at Meydan on Saturday?
- Stormy Liberal (won 2017 and 2018 BC Turf Sprint) runs in Al Quoz Sprint).
- Roy H (won 2017 and 2018 BC Sprint) was to have run in the Dubai Golden Shaheen but has been ruled out because of a foot abscess. Both horses are trained by U.S.-based Peter Miller (world #31 in the TRC Global Rankings).
2. How many British Champions Day-winning horses will be taking part?
- Sands Of Mali (won British Champions Sprint) - Al Quoz Sprint.
3. How many horses who have won a race on Dubai World Cup day previously are taking part?
- Thunder Snow (won 2018 Dubai World Cup and 2017 UAE Derby) - Dubai World Cup
- Heavy Metal (2018 Godolphin Mile) - Godolphin Mile
- Vivlos (2017 Dubai Turf) - Dubai Turf
4. How many horses who have won a race at Royal Ascot are taking part?
- Blue Point (2018 G1 King’s Stand Stakes) - runs in the Al Quoz Sprint
- Magic Wand (2018 G2 Ribblesdale Stakes) - runs in the Dubai Sheema Classic
- Old Persian (2018 G2 King Edward VII Stakes) - Dubai Sheema Classic
- Hunting Horn (2018 G3 Hampton Court Stakes) - Dubai Sheema Classic
5. How many horses are running who have been placed in a U.S. Triple Crown classic?
- Audible (3rd, 2018 Kentucky Derby) - Dubai World Cup
- Gronkowski (2nd, 2018 Belmont Stakes) - Dubai World Cup
6. How many runners on the card have won one of the world’s ten richest races?
- Thunder Snow (2018 Dubai World Cup) - Dubai World Cup
- Cheval Grand (2017 Japan Cup) - Dubai Sheema Classic
- Almond Eye (2018 Japan Cup) - Dubai Turf
- Cross Counter (2018 Melbourne Cup) - Dubai Gold Cup
7. How many of the world’s top ten jockeys in the TRC Global Rankings are riding at Meydan on Saturday?
- Ryan Moore (1)
- Mike Smith (2)
- Hugh Bowman (3)
- Frankie Dettori (4)
- Christophe Lemaire (5)
- William Buick (6)
- Zac Purton (7)
- Jose Ortiz (9)
- Joel Rosario (10)
- The only one missing is Mirco Demuro (8), who is expected to be riding at Hanshin in Japan on Sunday, where the feature race is the $2.25m Osaka Hai.
8. How many of the world’s top ten trainers are represented?
- Charlie Appleby (1)
- Aidan O’Brien (4)
- John Gosden (5)
- Saeed Bin Suroor (6)
9. How many of the world’s top ten sires are represented?
- Dubawi (1)
- Galileo (2)
- Frankel (3)
- Scat Daddy (4)
- I Am Invincible (5)
- Deep Impact (6)
- Candy Ride (9)
- Teofilo (9)
10. How many of the expected 93 runners across the eight Thoroughbred races will run in the royal blue silks of Godolphin?
11. And how many of those are likely favourites for their races?
- Cross Counter (Dubai Gold Cup)
- Blue Point (Al Quoz Sprint)
- Divine Image (UAE Derby)
- Old Persian (Dubai Sheema Classic)
All four are trained by world #1 Charlie Appleby
12. How many likely runners are trained in the U.S.?